The word “investment” is thrown away in so many ways. The word is even used where it doesn’t actually belong. So why and how exactly should you invest in yourself? I will explain to you three great reasons why you should start investing in yourself and provide several ways to invest wisely in yourself as well as in your future! By the end, we hope it will be clear how important it is to invest in yourself and start this investment today!
3 great reasons to invest in yourself
1. Building trust – Investing in yourself will give you a big boost in self-confidence. Knowing that you are growing mentally, financially or in any other way is an amazing and rewarding feeling. This can lead to opportunities to achieve personal goals, to scout for new ways to become financially or romantically better or whatever, or even just to advance in your current career. It also allows you to open the door to have more respect and love for yourself, because you understand the fact that you are committed to treating yourself with such things and that you will do so.
2. Higher earnings – If you want to make big money, you will have to invest in yourself. Before someone is willing to invest in you, you must first invest in yourself. If you do this educationally, you will be able to achieve possible growth in almost any available industry. Education is something you should never stop growing, learn as much as you can, and watch yourself reach a potential you didn’t think was possible. Have you ever wanted to be rich?
3. You are worth it – The main reason for investing in yourself is that you are worth it! I am trying to instill this message in the minds of my children because it is a very valuable lesson. You should never settle for being smaller than what your potential can actually reach. Everyday should be a rewarding challenge to grow your potential to new heights. If you think you are worth more than you have no matter the situation, you will see tremendous growth in everything you do. This reason for investing in yourself is the most important.
2 great ways to invest in yourself
1. Educational – There are all kinds of different ways you can invest in yourself educationally and it is highly recommended that you do so. Your brain can hold a bunch of information! Never be afraid of education, accept it and greet it! For all the seminars or workshops you’ve been invited to recently or heard about and haven’t thought about, start thinking about them! I’m not a real estate professional, at the moment I don’t even own a house that is fully paid. However, I’ve been to countless real estate seminars just because I love to be informed! If I ever decide on a career in real estate, I’m already ready.
2. Financial – I understand that this one will be tricky, especially if you have little available funds to begin with. However, if you want to significantly increase your income level, then a financial investment is absolutely necessary! You could do this with stocks, real estate, a business or anything else that will bring you income. If you do, you should seek a return on investment! I personally don’t do stocks because I don’t see a good enough return on investment. Fortunately, there are many other ways to invest financially in yourself with a fantastic return on investment, such as real estate or direct sales.
A couple of final tips
1. Make a five-year plan – Have you ever done this during college or high school or maybe you even had to tell a potential employer during an interview? Well, people do it for a reason. Writing things down generally makes it easier to retain information as well as the obligation to do what you write. So, make your five year plan and put it somewhere where you will be able to see it every day! When stress overwhelms you, this plan will generally calm you down a bit when you are able to realize that you are exactly where you want to be in the steps of realizing your ultimate potential and goals.
2. Get the ball – I’m a great planner! Everything I do I plan strategically. I plan exactly how I will make coffee in the morning! Yes, it’s so extreme, but I enjoy it! Planning is great, however, you have to learn to take action! I was one of those people where they would think and plan everything, but not much! I had to get the ball, and once I was done planning, I had to start executing my plan!
Investing in yourself and your future is very important if you want to achieve big goals or dreams. Ask anyone who has achieved high success in anything and they will tell you how important it is and how much they had to do to get to where they are at the moment. Don’t be afraid to put money later on a potential reward later. Just make sure your money goes to something that will be beneficial and with a high return on investment!